We care about results, because they matter. But what matters even more is creating open and curious minds with the ability and desire to keep learning, for life.
Our expansive curriculum
When children find what motivates them they fly. If they find a subject tricky, we help them embrace it, learning the skills to navigate and even excel in everything they do. Of course each child is unique, the scope of our subjects gives a wide foundation of knowledge from which children grow.
Academic subjects we teach include:
- English (including Drama)
- ICT & Computing
- Personal, Social, Health Education (PSHE)
- Physical Education (PE), Swimming, and Games
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Senior School Preparation (SSP)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics (STEAM)
- Theology, Philosophy, Religion (TPR) / Religious Education (RE)
Not every well-earned achievement comes with a medal. We spend time acknowledging success in all shapes and sizes. However, this little list details just a few of the places our children consistently shine.
- Computational thinking competition with UK Bebras
- Scholarship programmes for Year 8 students who complete exams early and need to be stretched further
- A range of general and specific academic senior school competitions
- Year 8 independent projects – this is a chance over the summer for our senior children to interrogate subjects and topics in detail, taking them in directions that feed their own interests and passions. These culminate in presentations and displays that the whole school can see
- Mary Fedden art competition and exhibition at Badminton school
- Graded music exams and festivals
- Graded drama exams and festival