With full-time access to 60 awe-inspiring acres, children have true space to explore, express and excel. Our modern facilities, coupled with this incredible natural resource, enrich learning in countless ways.
Our awe inspiring setting
The landscape we have feeds us, in so many ways. The first trip down our meandering driveway is a memorable experience. The inviting lush surroundings and a sense of freedom and space. Watch our video to see our unique space for yourself.
Our great outdoors
This unique environment sets us apart from other schools in the area. With 60 acres of beautiful parkland, The Downs is a tranquil and spacious environment away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Did you know?
Our whole site was originally part of the Tyntesfield estate.
With the luxury of space, all our facilities are right here on site. This means no additional travel to sports fields and swimming pools is required, maximising time for learning and play.
Our facilities include:
- Two AstroTurfs
- A swimming pool
- Large sports hall
- Five tennis courts
- Two netball courts
- 60 acre grounds (seven cricket pitches with wickets, five rugby pitches, 200m grass track, maintained gardens)
- Large Pre-Prep playing field with bespoke play equipment
- Woods – Forest School set-up, for fire-making and exploring
- Access to Priors Woods
- Purpose built treehouse (The Wizard’s Hut) for storytelling and play
- Science labs
- IT suite
- Dance studio
- Sound proofed music cottage with private tuition pods
- Year 8 common room
- Extensive art studios (pottery room and two drawing/sketching rooms)
- Junior and senior libraries
Children are given opportunity in abundance and are championed for being who they are and for doing what they love.
Katie Hall – Parent